HONOLULU (KHON2) — An employee at the Hawaii Baptist Academy has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to the school.
This staff member is an employee at the school’s elementary campus.
According to the academy, it was given notification about the test result on Wednesday morning, Aug. 26.
The employee was last at the elementary campus on August 19 and does not interact with students in the classroom. School officials say that the employee has been in quarantine since Aug. 20 while awaiting test results, and will be in isolation until medically cleared.
The campus has been cleaned and sanitized.
Those who were in contact with the employee were notified and are in quarantine.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Utility worker killed in crash in Mississippi after helping restore power to victims of Hurricane Sally
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor spills into America’s streets
- Ohio family discovers family WWII heirloom tucked away in a box
- Visitor finds 9-carat diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas
- The historic role of El Lector in educating cigar factory workers