HONOLULU (KHON2) — After heavy criticism, the state is appointing a special master to oversee the Department of Public Safety.
Edmund Fred Hyun will be assessing the administration, corrections and law enforcement divisions as well as investigating concerns from unions about the department’s COVID-19 response.
So far nearly 400 inmates and staffers within the department’s facilities have tested positive for the virus.
The majority tied to an outbreak at OCCC.
In addition to his role as special master, Hyun will continue his role as chair of the Hawaii Paroling Authority.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Honolulu Zoo prepares for HallowZoo SCARE-venger hunt
- Habilitat’s Haunted Drive Thru Returns After A Successful First Year
- Game Preview: ‘Bows are back on the road for pivotal conference clash against Utah State this weekend
- Hālau Hula Ka Noe’au back in the Prince Lot Hula Festival
- Climate Controlled Skin Care with Pour Moi