HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Aug. 31, the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) reported that four officers tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend.
HPD also says that approximately two dozen officers are now self-quarantining.
Police officers are required to wear face coverings under Mayor Kirk Caldwell’s mandate.
The department is currently determining how the officers were exposed to the virus.
Latest Posts on KHON2
- House approves resolutions calling on Hamas to release hostages, reaffirming Israel’s right to exist
- House swears in Utah Republican Celeste Maloy
- Mark Cuban working on $3.5B sale of Dallas Mavericks: AP source
- Kona Low hits Kauai first, other islands later this week
- Glenwood Park on Big Island has reopened