HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Aug. 31, the Honolulu Police Department (HPD) reported that four officers tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend.
HPD also says that approximately two dozen officers are now self-quarantining.
Police officers are required to wear face coverings under Mayor Kirk Caldwell’s mandate.
The department is currently determining how the officers were exposed to the virus.
Latest Posts on KHON2
- Officials responding to shark incident off Maui
- Couple who recently celebrated 100th birthdays, 79th anniversary die hours apart
- White House launches data dashboard for non-fatal opioid overdoses
- What’s getting a cut from $800M for military upgrades
- Texas House Republicans release border security plan