HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu Fire Department confirmed that one of its firefighters has tested positive for COVID-19.
This firefighter is with the Hawaii Kai Fire Station and has been placed on leave. The employee will self-isolate until further notice, officials say.
According to HFD, affected employees have been sent home. They were instructed to self-quarantine for 14 days.
The department says that all trucks, equipment, and the fire station have been sanitized and disinfected. Employees are being reassigned to allow the station to remain operational.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Life of Joy with Hugette: Finding Peace in the Midst of Chaos
- Hawaii inmates at Saguaro Correctional Center to be mass tested for COVID-19
- 72-year-old man dies after being hit by evading vehicle
- Style Expert, Crystal Panipanci Helps Living808 Viewer With DIY Halloween Makeup
- Medicare Plan Differences & Deadlines