HILO, Hawaii (KHON2)– A family has filed a lawsuit against the operators of the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
The Honolulu law firm Davis Levin Livingston confirms on Oct. 5 it filed a claim on behalf of the family of Yukio Okutsu resident William J. Zerfuss alleging medical malpractice and negligence against the Avalon Health Care companies.
Avalon has been in charge of the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home since 2007.
Zerfuss served in the Korean War. He went into the Yukio Okutsu Veterans Home in April 2020. He is survived by his daughter and her family who are residents of Kamuela on the Big Island.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- ‘Bows Football Final — San Jose State reaction
- Five things to watch as voting begins in Georgia Senate runoff
- What to know about GOP election challenges in Arizona’s Maricopa County
- Why 1 doctor is more concerned with flu than COVID this winter
- ‘I need help…my dad is trying to take me to Vegas,’ 12-year-old boy tells 911