HONOLULU (KHON2) – The Department of Education posted information on the upcoming furlough on Monday, Dec. 14 on its website. This is the furlough that Governor David Ige talked about on Dec. 9.
Starting January employees will take furlough days which means there will be no work and no pay for that day.
Cafeteria workers and substitute teachers are also not going to work on furlough days.
For details, click here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- City Council launches new Red Hill legislation, but Navy’s successful lobbying looms
- American Red Cross keeps two shelters open on Oahu and Big Island
- The threat of heavy rain ends state-wide on Wednesday
- Will the omicron variant cause Hawaii to tighten COVID-19 restrictions? Gov. Ige responds
- Protecting our Keiki Forum