HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Public Safety confirms mass coronavirus testing of all correctional facilities across the state started Tuesday, Sept. 15 with Waiawa Correctional Facility.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The PSD Health Care Division started the testing in the morning.
The department will work with DOH and the National Guard for testing of correctional officers and staff.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- The fate of Dillingham Airfield is still in the air
- USS Arizona Memorial will resume tours on Sept. 28
- Potential COVID-19 vaccine being developed at UH
- Former UH basketball star, Heat assistant Anthony Carter headed to NBA Finals as Miami claims Eastern Conference Championship
- Former ‘Bows teammates Kolten Wong & Greg Garcia to face off in Wild Card Round of MLB Playoffs