HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Public Safety confirms one Kulani Correctional Facility worker, and one deputy sheriff from the Lt. Governor’s office tested positive for the coronavirus.
Hawaii’s Weather Station–Visit KHON’s storm preparation page here.
The employee last worked on Sept. 6 at the Kulani Correctional Facility. The facility was sanitized.
The deputy sheriff from the executive protection unit assigned to the Lieutenant Governor’s office last worked on Sept. 8.
Lt. Governor Josh Green’s office says that one other deputy on the security detail is awaiting test results, and two others were told to get tested.
The department got 149 inmate test results back of which one was positive. There are currently no inmates hospitalized. The department got 50 staff tests results back of which one was positive.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- “Wi-Fi on Wheels” program aims to help students with internet problems
- Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational will not run in 2020-2021 season
- The Queen’s Health Systems names three new directors
- Department of Public Safety confirms one employee out of 98 at Waiawa Correctional Facility tested positive for coronavirus
- Free COVID-19 testing available on Hawai’i Island this week