HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Public Safety confirms 55 inmates, eight staff tested positive for COVID-19 at Halawa Correctional Facility on Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020.
The Halawa Correctional Facility reported 238 more inmate test results as part of surge testing efforts at the facility. Of those 55 inmates were positive, 182 negative and one was inconclusive.
There were eight HCF workers who tested positive for COVID-19.
The department says the surge testing continues until there are no new positives.
The Department of Health and Hawaii National Guard and Project Vision Hawaii assist in testing efforts.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Honolulu Zoo prepares for HallowZoo SCARE-venger hunt
- Habilitat’s Haunted Drive Thru Returns After A Successful First Year
- Game Preview: ‘Bows are back on the road for pivotal conference clash against Utah State this weekend
- Hālau Hula Ka Noe’au back in the Prince Lot Hula Festival
- Climate Controlled Skin Care with Pour Moi