HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health says an internal communication of a COVID-19 test at the Dept. of Health resulted in a report being misread and initiated a retest of samples today from an Oahu adult, who died on March 20th. Tuesday evening the second test came back negative for COVID-19.
DOH Director Dr. Bruce Anderson says our focus was to get information out in a timely manner. This is an unprecedented situation and we’re still developing best practices.
In a statement Anderson said, “I accept all responsibility for not verifying reporting procedures. We’re immediately instituting measures to ensure this doesn’t happen again. My condolences to the family and friends of the person who passed away and our apologies for any undue anxiety this caused.”
- Flash flood watch issued for Kauai and Oahu
- Police charge man suspected of stabbing woman and her child to death in Ewa Beach
- State DOE looking to modify high school graduation requirements
- City working to open a medical, quarantine center for homeless
- City’s parking exceptions now in effect