HILO, Hawaii (KHON2) — As of Tuesday, September 15, the number of new active cases on Hawaii Island, reported and monitored by the Department of Health is 6.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
At this date, for Hawaii Island, 21 people are hospitalized.
The Hilo Medical Center reports two additional deaths for a total of 15.
14 of the deaths are from the Yukio Okutsu Veterans Home.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Son turns father’s Hawaii WWII memories into historical book
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Light trade winds into new week
- Popular Farm to Car program returns to provide local produce for Oahu residents
- Huge decrease in number of active COVID-19 cases due to improved data entry methods by DOH