HONOLULU (KHON2) — A couple was arrested on Oct. 2 for violating the State of Hawaii’s mandatory 14-day quarantine order for the second time.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
Special agents from the Attorney General’s Investigations Division rearrested Evan Dorsey, 27, and Angel Henri, 30, in Waikiki on Friday afternoon. They were first arrested Thursday morning, Oct. 1, for the same reason.
When Dorsey was released that same day, officials said that he posted on social media that he was defying the state’s quarantine law. Security at the hotel, where the couple was supposed to quarantine, told special agents that they left. Ten minutes later, special agents arrested the couple.
A witness also reported to officials that Dorsey created a second social media post that showed him and Henri surfing at Kuhio Beach.
The couple face a second quarantine violation charge. Their bail was set at $2,000.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Shake Shack testing recipe tweak for select items, including fan-favorite
- Time running out for Florida winner of $1.5B Mega Millions ticket to claim cash option
- Bipartisan House group unveils alternate short-term spending plan amid GOP turmoil
- First Bob Ross TV painting goes on sale for nearly $10 million
- From running a business alone in Hawaii to international success