HONOLULU (KHON2) — There are more COVID-19 success stories.
This one is on Maui.
The staff at Maui Memorial Medical Center lined the hallways to bid aloha to a single mom of three.
She was admitted with COVID-19 about 36 days ago.
She was on a ventilator but as weeks went by she began to heal and breathe on her own.
She went home on Monday.
Meanwhile, Maui health reopened the Maui East Unit as a medical surgical unit it is no longer a COVID-19 unit.
- Showers ramping up through 4th of July, drier conditions return Sunday
- State epidemiologist says COVID-19 battle is still not over
- Ocean Safety: Kite surfer, swimmers in distress, toddler on floaty blown out to ocean
- Hawaii incoming visitor count highest since quarantine began
- The New Normal: Vet clinics adjust operations amid the pandemic