HONOLULU (KHON2) — There are more COVID-19 success stories.
This one is on Maui.
The staff at Maui Memorial Medical Center lined the hallways to bid aloha to a single mom of three.
She was admitted with COVID-19 about 36 days ago.
She was on a ventilator but as weeks went by she began to heal and breathe on her own.
She went home on Monday.
Meanwhile, Maui health reopened the Maui East Unit as a medical surgical unit it is no longer a COVID-19 unit.
- Heavy rain threat diminishing by early Wednesday
- Visitor to Diamond Head tragedy home says she tried to help, but laws prevented agencies from helping
- Families of fallen officers grieve one year anniversary of Diamond Head tragedy
- Hawaii nursing homes COVID-19 cases low compared to national numbers
- Some local retailers turn focus to online sales in 2021 as COVID-19 pandemic continues