HONOLULU (KHON2) — The state Department of Health reported one death and 164 new coronavirus cases on Sept. 6.
There were 13 cases on the Big Island, 146 on Oahu, one on Kauai, and two on Maui.
One case from Maui and one case from Hawaii were removed from the counts, and one case from Honolulu was re-categorized to Kauai after updated information became available.
That brings the state total to 9,855.
Kauai County reports their one new case is an adult male visitor. He is in isolation. Kauai County reports that his case seems to be travel related, but since they don’t know when he got it, the case is classified as a community transmission.
There were 5 new cases that needed hospitalization. There were 60 new recoveries reported totaling 2,991 who have been released from isolation. There are currently 6,779 active cases in Hawaii.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 506 (13)
- Honolulu: 8,911 (146)
- Kauai: 58 (1)
- Maui: 354 (2)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 26
- Required Hospitalization:597 (5)
- Deaths: 85 (1)
- Released from isolation: 2,991 (60)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Several Hawaii Island beach parks closed as precautionary measure
- Hawaii health officials report 6 cases of COVID-19 variant B.1.1.7
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’
- Road closures scheduled for repair work in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park