HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 91 new cases of COVID-19 on Oct. 20 for the state: 61 cases are from Honolulu County, 24 cases are from Hawaii County, 2 cases are from Maui County and 4 cases are Hawaii residents diagnosed out of state. The cumulative state total is now 14,156. The DOH also reported 2 additional coronavirus-deaths. The state death toll now stands at 189.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported that 479,301 test results have been received as of October 19.
There are now 2,817 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 1,083 (24)
- Honolulu: 12,552 (61)
- Kauai County: 60 (0)
- Maui County: 411 (0)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 48 (4)
- Required Hospitalization: 1,025
- Deaths: 189 (2)
- Released from isolation: 11,150
Below are the cases by which Zip Code it is in.
- On Oahu, with 61 new cases, Waikiki (96815) grows to 53 cases, Mililani (96789) drops below 10 cases, Waianae (96792) climbs six cases to 130.
- On Maui, with two new cases, Wailea-Makena/Kula/Wailua (96790) logs at least 1 new case.
- On Kauai, with no new cases, no map changes. (Two active cases remain hidden in Hanalei/Princeville.)
- On Hawaii Island, with 24 new cases, Ocean View (96737) rises to 17 cases, Hilo (96720) drops to 64 cases.