HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 90 new cases of COVID-19 on Sept. 24 for the state: 81 cases are from Honolulu County, 5 cases are from Hawaii County, 2 cases are from Maui County and 2 cases are Hawaii residents diagnosed out of state. The cumulative state total is now 11,779. DOH also reported 2 additional coronavirus-deaths. The state death toll now stands at 124.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported that 398,945 test results have been received as of September 24.
There are now 6,390 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 677 (5)
- Honolulu: 10,627 (81)
- Kauai County: 57 (0)
- Maui County: 388 (2)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 30 (2)
- Required Hospitalization: 779 (16)
- Deaths: 124 (2)
- Released from isolation: 5,265 (140)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Cause of shipping container fire in Kapolei under investigation
- UH Mānoa moving forward with $8.3M retrofit of Ching Athletics Complex
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- Local Fitness Trainer, Chris Faildo Teaches Back Workouts to Do At Home
- Search begins for Hawaii DOE interim superintendent