HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 89 new cases of COVID-19 on Oct. 16 for the state: 68 cases are from Honolulu County and 21 cases are from Hawaii County. The cumulative state total is now 13,853. The DOH also reported one additional coronavirus death. The state death toll now stands at 185.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported that 466,037 test results have been received as of October 16.
There are now 2,721 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 1,026 (21)
- Honolulu: 12,317 (68)
- Kauai County: 59 (0)
- Maui County: 411 (0)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 40 (0)
- Required Hospitalization: 988
- Deaths: 185 (1)
- Released from isolation: 10,947
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain potential still high for Kauai and Oahu
- Lanai records first COVID-19 cases as counties look to improve pre-travel testing program
- Officials warn Hawaii Restaurant Card solicitation could lead to revocation
- Annual Career Expo going virtual this year
- Hardworking Hawaii: Kilani Bakery in business 61 years turns to social media to bring in customers