HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 63 new cases of COVID-19 on Sept. 22 for the state: 55 cases are from Honolulu County and 8 cases are from Hawaii County. The cumulative state total is now 11,522. No new COVID-deaths were reported Tuesday for the state.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported that 387,200 test results have been received as of September 21.
There are now 6,410 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 659 (8)
- Honolulu: 10,393 (55)
- Kauai County: 57 (0)
- Maui County: 381 (0)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 28 ()
- Required Hospitalization: 749 (14)
- Deaths: 120
- Released from isolation: 4,992 (104)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- High surf warning in effect until 6 a.m. Sunday, surf will be 40 to 50 feet along north facing shores
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Heavy rain possible for the islands starting late Sunday
- Maui Mayor Victorino’s rule changes start Tuesday, what people can expect
- Hawaii north shores brace for 50-foot waves