HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 62 new cases of COVID-19 on Oct. 28 for the state: 41 cases are from Oahu, 5 cases are from the Big Island, 9 cases are from Maui County, 1 case is from Kauai and 6 cases are Hawaii residents diagnosed out of state. The cumulative state total is now 14,834. There were no new deaths reported for the state on Wednesday. Two fatalities have been removed from the official death toll. The state death toll now stands at 213.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported that 517,005 test results have been received as of October 28.
There are now 3,016 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii Island: 1,238 (5)
- Oahu: 12,953 (41)
- Kauai: 63 (1)
- Maui: 405 (2)
- Molokai: 17 (0)
- Lanai 94 (7)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 64 (6)
- Required Hospitalization: 1,081
- Deaths: 213 (0)
- Released from isolation: 11,605
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Police investigate fatal traffic collision on Queen Ka‘ahumanu Highway
- Remains ID’d of 2 Indiana brothers killed at Pearl Harbor
- State orders Pono Life Maui to shut down medical cannabis production, retail operations
- Dozens of tenants participating in upcoming job fair at International Market Place
- Hanabusa joins HART as volunteer board member