HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 62 new cases of COVID-19 on Oct. 28 for the state: 41 cases are from Oahu, 5 cases are from the Big Island, 9 cases are from Maui County, 1 case is from Kauai and 6 cases are Hawaii residents diagnosed out of state. The cumulative state total is now 14,834. There were no new deaths reported for the state on Wednesday. Two fatalities have been removed from the official death toll. The state death toll now stands at 213.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported that 517,005 test results have been received as of October 28.
There are now 3,016 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii Island: 1,238 (5)
- Oahu: 12,953 (41)
- Kauai: 63 (1)
- Maui: 405 (2)
- Molokai: 17 (0)
- Lanai 94 (7)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 64 (6)
- Required Hospitalization: 1,081
- Deaths: 213 (0)
- Released from isolation: 11,605
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Flash Flood Watch in effect through late Tuesday night for Maui and the Big Island
- Game Preview: ‘Bows look to bounce back against undefeated Nevada at Aloha Stadium this Saturday
- Social Scene: Ken Jennings to guest host Jeopardy
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says