HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 44 new cases of COVID-19 on Dec. 1 for the state: 32 cases are from Oahu, 5 cases are from Maui County and 6 cases are from the Big Island. The cumulative state total is now 17,968.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
There were no new coronavirus-related deaths reported for the state on Tuesday. The state death toll stands at 244.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii Island: 1,605 (6)
- Oahu: 15,362 (32)
- Kauai: 113 (0)
- Maui: 547 (5)
- Molokai: 18 (0)
- Lanai 106 (0)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 217 (0)
- Required Hospitalization: 1,291 (1)
- Deaths: 244 (0)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Timeline for Trump incitement impeachment trial still uncertain
- Chiefs’ Mahomes cleared to play in AFC championship
- D-coordinators bring head coaching chops to NFL title games
- Speculation over Tokyo Olympics: 2021, 2032 or not at all?
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 132 new cases, with 4 additional fatalities