HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 339 new cases of COVID-19 on Sept. 2 for the state: 302 cases are from Honolulu County, 35 cases are from Hawaii County and 2 cases are from Maui County. The cumulative state total is now 8,991. DOH also reported 1 additional coronavirus-related death. The state death toll stands at 75.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
The DOH reported that 275,704 test results have been received as of September 2.
There are now 6,227 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 418 (35)
- Honolulu: 8,149 (302)
- Kauai County: 57 (0)
- Maui County: 342 (2)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 25 (0)
- Required Hospitalization: 552 (20)
- Deaths: 75 (1)
- Released from isolation: 2,689 (55)
Laboratory* Testing Data
There were 5,245 additional COVID-19 tests reported via electronic laboratory reporting.
|Total Number of Individuals Tested by Clinical and State Laboratories||Positive||Negative|
|Total Number of Surge Tests|
*Electronic Laboratory Reporting **25 test results were inconclusive
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Big Island police searching for armed suspect following domestic dispute in Puna
- Rainbow Wahine Volleyball welcomes limited fans to SimpliFi Arena this weekend for two Big West matches
- Firefighters rescue Hawaiian Cement employee from atop a 10-story silo in Kapolei
- Kauai firefighters respond to fire flare-ups caused by 40-acre blaze in Anahola
- Halloween Mummies & Pumpkin Pie Tart How To