HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 168 new cases of COVID-19 on Sept. 23 for the state: 154 cases are from Honolulu County, 13 cases are from Hawaii County and 1 case is from Maui County. The cumulative state total is now 11,689. DOH also reported 2 additional coronavirus-deaths. The state death toll now stands at 122.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported that 395,503 test results have been received as of September 23.
There are now 6,442 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 672 (13)
- Honolulu: 10,546 (154)
- Kauai County: 57 (0)
- Maui County: 386 (1)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 28 (0)
- Required Hospitalization: 763 (14)
- Deaths: 122 (2)
- Released from isolation: 5,125 (104)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- What you need to know before you celebrate Halloween on Oahu during COVID-19
- Kailua Town Seek & Treat encourages Halloween fun with a safe, virtual twist
- Peace for Everyone
- EMS responds to stabbing at the Chinese Cultural Plaza
- Maui Police arrest four in connection to hotel guest robbery