HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 133 new cases of COVID-19 on Aug. 31 for the state: 107 cases are from Honolulu County, 24 cases are from Hawaii County, 1 case is from Maui County and 1 case is a resident diagnosed out of state. The cumulative state total is now 8,472. DOH also reported 7 additional coronavirus-related deaths. The state death toll stands at 70.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8
The DOH reported that 260,737 test results have been received as of August 30.
There are now 5,824 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 364 (24)
- Honolulu: 7,691 (107)
- Kauai County: 57 (0)
- Maui County: 335 (1)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 25 (1)
- Required Hospitalization: 508 (3)
- Deaths: 70 (7)
- Released from isolation: 2,578 (53)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Get dirty: Gardening hacks for summer
- Actor James Van Der Beek criticizes DNC for not allowing Biden debate
- Trump responds to Biden’s fall on stage: ‘Well, I hope he wasn’t hurt’
- DHS ups monthly appointments for processing asylum seekers to nearly 40,000
- Hawaii’s Kitchen: Hilo CC Culinary Arts Program