HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 102 new cases of COVID-19 on Sept. 16 for the state: 97 cases are from Honolulu County, 4 cases are from Hawaii County and 1 case is a resident diagnosed outside of the state. The cumulative state total is now 10,946. DOH also reported 3 additional coronavirus-related deaths. The state death toll stands at 103.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported that 358,1335 test results have been received as of September 16.
There are now 6,738 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 603 (4)
- Honolulu: 9,879 (97)
- Kauai County: 58 (0)
- Maui County: 378 (0)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 28 (1)
- Required Hospitalization: 667 (13)
- Deaths: 103 (3)
- Released from isolation: 4,105 (220)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Nā Mele ʻUkulele
- Light trades will eventually be replaced with variables
- The fate of Dillingham Airfield is still in the air
- USS Arizona Memorial will resume tours on Sept. 28
- Potential COVID-19 vaccine being developed at UH