HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 101 new cases of COVID-19 on Oct. 8 for the state: 86 cases are from Honolulu County, 14 cases are from Hawaii County and 1 case is from Maui County. The cumulative state total is now 13,146. The DOH also reported 1 additional coronavirus-death. The state death toll now stands at 164.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported that 443,992 test results have been received as of October 8.
There are now 2,378 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 866 (14)
- Honolulu: 11,788 (86)
- Kauai County: 59 (0)
- Maui County: 397 (1)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 36 (0)
- Required Hospitalization: 900
- Deaths: 164 (1)
- Released from isolation: 10,604
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Single lane closures scheduled for Maluhia Road, Koloa Road
- North shore accident leads to road closure Sunday morning
- Hilo woman arrested after allegedly hitting police vehicle
- Post Game Notes: Hawaii’s Darius Musasau ties career high with 14 tackles, reaches double digits for fifth time this season in win over Nevada
- Coronavirus: 4 deaths, 57 new COVID-19 cases on Nov. 29