HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Hawaii Department of Health reports three new deaths, 70 new COVID-19 cases on Oct. 4.
There are 53 on Oahu, 15 on the Big Island, and two on Maui.
That brings the state total to 12,804.
There were 4 new cases that needed hospitalization. 31 new recoveries reported, totaling 10,446 who have been released from isolation. There are currently 2,196 active cases in Hawaii.
A total of 305,925 individuals have been tested in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 810 (15)
- Honolulu: 11,505 (53)
- Kauai: 59
- Maui: 396 (2)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 34
- Required Hospitalization: 889 (4)
- Deaths: 156 (3)
- Released from isolation: 10,446 (31)
Below are maps showing what Zip Codes cases are reported in:
- On Oahu, with 53 new cases, Makiki/Punchbowl/Manoa (96822), Kakaako/Ala Moana (96814) and Waikiki/Diamond Head (96815) drop below 20 new cases in the last 28 days. Three other ZCTA’s darken but this may be due to key changes. Waianae (96797) drops from 279 to 271 cases.
- On Hawaii Island, with 15 new cases, Pāhoa/Kalapana/Hawaiian Beaches (96778) drops below 20 cases. Kailua-Kona (96740) darkens but this may be due to key changes. Hilo (96720) drops from 115 to 109 cases.
- On Maui, with 2 new cases, Wailuku/Kahului/Waikapu (96793) drops to zero cases.
- On Kauai, with no new cases, no map changes.
CORRECTION: The Hawaii State Department of Health reports three deaths for today bringing the death toll total to 156. The correction has been made.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Iolani Palace bringing Hawaii’s monarchy era to online users
- Hawaii Bicycling League rolls out series of events to promote Biki Stops
- Maui police screen hundreds, arrest only 1 during Cinco de Mayo impaired driver enforcement
- Honolulu police release photo of truck involved in bicyclist hit-and-run
- 3 injured in Idaho middle school shooting; student captured