UPDATE: The Kauai District Health Office reported one new COVID-19 positive case on Friday afternoon, Aug. 14, following the daily coronavirus case count for the state. Kauai officials say that this brings the active case total for the island to seven.
HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 233 new cases of COVID-19 on August 14 for the state: 218 cases are from Honolulu County, 9 cases are from Maui County, 5 cases are from Hawai’i County and 1 case is from Kauai County. The cumulative state total is now 4,543.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported 198,152 test results have been received as of August 14.
There are now 2,747 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 144 (5)
- Honolulu: 4,117 (218)
- Kauai County: 53 (1)
- Maui County: 206 (9)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 23
- Required Hospitalization: 277 (10)
- Deaths: 40 (0)
- Released from isolation: 1,756 (50)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Incoming moisture to increase showers
- Nā Mele ʻUkulele
- Light trades will eventually be replaced with variables
- The fate of Dillingham Airfield is still in the air
- USS Arizona Memorial will resume tours on Sept. 28