HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 174 new cases of COVID-19 on Aug. 17 for the state: 163 cases are from Honolulu County, 9 cases are from Maui County and 2 cases are from Hawai’i County. The cumulative state total is now 5,215.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH reported that 209,529 test results have been received as of August 17.
There are now 3,307 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 149 (2)
- Honolulu: 4,754 (163)
- Kauai County: 54 (0)
- Maui County: 235 (9)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 23
- Required Hospitalization: 288 (5)
- Deaths: 40 (0)
- Released from isolation: 1,868 (27)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Leilehua and UH-Hilo alum Brendan Sagara named co-pitching coach for Texas Rangers
- TheBus confirms one of its operators tested positive for COVID-19
- Consumer Alert: FTC reports consumers lost $117 million to social media scams in first half of 2020
- Light winds, with unsettled weather to prevail this week
- Food 2Go: Feast