HONOLULU (KHON2) — Hawaii Department of Health reports 171 new COVID-19 cases and no new deaths on Saturday, Jan. 2, 2021.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
There are 92 new coronavirus cases on Oahu, 45 on Maui, 20 on the Big Island, two on Kauai, and 10 residents diagnosed out of state.
The department reports two cases on Maui were removed from the counts after updated information was gathered.
That brings state total to 21,807.
The state death toll remains at 289.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 1,920 (20)
- Honolulu: 18,190 (92)
- Kauai: 148 (2)
- Maui: 1031 (45)
- Lanai: 106
- Molokai 22
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 90 (10)
- Required Hospitalization: 1,479 (6)
- Deaths: 289 (1)
- Cases in the past 14 days: 1,736
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Have you had a “snackccident?”
- White House COVID-19 team to brief public as states ease restrictions
- Strong 379,000 jobs added in hopeful sign for US economy
- DUI first time offenders accept lesser conviction in efforts to speed up court backlogs
- Windward showers and trade winds to ramp up this weekend