HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 118 new cases of COVID-19 on August 11 for the state: 112 cases are from Honolulu County, 4 cases are from Maui County and 2 cases from Hawai’i County. The cumulative state total is now 3,756.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The DOH says there are two more coronavirus deaths of elderly Oahu men. Their deaths will be included in tomorrow’s count.
The DOH reported 185,838 test results have been received as of August 11.
41 additional patients were released from isolation. The total number of recoveries is now 1,627.
There are now 2,095 active cases of COVID-19 in the state.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 133 (2)
- Honolulu: 3,361 (112)
- Kauai County: 49 (0)
- Maui County: 190 (4)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 23
- Required Hospitalization: 251 (9)
- Deaths: 34 (0)
- Released from isolation: 1,627 (41)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Incoming moisture to increase showers
- Nā Mele ʻUkulele
- Light trades will eventually be replaced with variables
- The fate of Dillingham Airfield is still in the air
- USS Arizona Memorial will resume tours on Sept. 28