KANEOHE, Hawaii (KHON2) — There was a food give away on July 11 at Windward Community College.
The construction industry coordinated the food distribution with the Hawaii Food Bank.
The Hawaii Farm Bureau, Hawaii Foodservice Alliance, H&W Foodservice and Sysco Hawaii donated food.Construction, development and other industries volunteered and donated money.
To get food at the next two give away events, register online at hawaiifoodbank.org. You will need to register to get the food.
Saturday, July 18, 2020 – Leeward (Waipahu to Kaena Point)
Location: Waianae Mall
Time: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Quantity: 1,500 households
Pre-registration Zip Codes: 96797, 96706, 96707, 96792
Saturday, July 25, 2020 – North Shore (Kahana to Kaena Point)
Location: Polynesian Cultural Center
Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Quantity: 750 households
Pre-registration Zip Codes: 96730, 96717, 96762, 96731, 96712, 96791
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Tampa mayor wants to fill Super Bowl seats with vaccinated health care workers
- Waianae’s Max Holloway makes weight ahead of Fight Island bout against Calvin Kattar
- Heavy rain could return to the islands starting late Sunday
- Officials investigating human skeletal remains found on Maui
- Call to artists for ‘PA’I Arts at Kou’