KANEOHE, Hawaii (KHON2) — There was a food give away on July 11 at Windward Community College.
The construction industry coordinated the food distribution with the Hawaii Food Bank.
The Hawaii Farm Bureau, Hawaii Foodservice Alliance, H&W Foodservice and Sysco Hawaii donated food.Construction, development and other industries volunteered and donated money.
To get food at the next two give away events, register online at hawaiifoodbank.org. You will need to register to get the food.
Saturday, July 18, 2020 – Leeward (Waipahu to Kaena Point)
Location: Waianae Mall
Time: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Quantity: 1,500 households
Pre-registration Zip Codes: 96797, 96706, 96707, 96792
Saturday, July 25, 2020 – North Shore (Kahana to Kaena Point)
Location: Polynesian Cultural Center
Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Quantity: 750 households
Pre-registration Zip Codes: 96730, 96717, 96762, 96731, 96712, 96791
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds set to return to the islands Thursday
- Car accidents, drownings? How COVID deaths are counted in Hawaii
- A plea for respect as Hawaii prepares to welcome back vaccinated visitors starting Nov. 1
- Traffic accident prompts closure of Makakilo Drive northbound from Farrington Hwy
- Honolulu Fire Department rescue hikers at Lanikai Pillbox Trail, Waimano Ridge Trail