KANEOHE, Hawaii (KHON2) — There was a food give away on July 11 at Windward Community College.
The construction industry coordinated the food distribution with the Hawaii Food Bank.
The Hawaii Farm Bureau, Hawaii Foodservice Alliance, H&W Foodservice and Sysco Hawaii donated food.Construction, development and other industries volunteered and donated money.
To get food at the next two give away events, register online at hawaiifoodbank.org. You will need to register to get the food.
Saturday, July 18, 2020 – Leeward (Waipahu to Kaena Point)
Location: Waianae Mall
Time: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Quantity: 1,500 households
Pre-registration Zip Codes: 96797, 96706, 96707, 96792
Saturday, July 25, 2020 – North Shore (Kahana to Kaena Point)
Location: Polynesian Cultural Center
Time: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Quantity: 750 households
Pre-registration Zip Codes: 96730, 96717, 96762, 96731, 96712, 96791
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Dog saves dog in pool
- Breezy trade winds are making it back to the islands
- Oahu luxury home sales continue to trend upward
- State moves forward with new Aloha Stadium project, starts with real estate
- Newsfeed Now: Chauvin convicted in death of George Floyd; 5-year-old stares down backyard bobcat