HONOLULU (KHON2) — He was known as Mr. Christmas. Richard T. Tajiri sold Christmas trees in Hawaii for many years before he passed away January 5.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
He was 78 years old.
In the recent past he sold his trees on University Avenue.
That’s where a drive-thru celebration of life will be held for him on Sunday, Dec. 13 from 3 to 6 p.m.
There will be 12 Christmas trees decorated by Kula no na Po’e Hawaii and opening Chants by Kumu Hula Maunalei Love.
In lieu of flowers or gifts, the family would love to know more about your happy memories of Richard and his Christmas trees.
They will be open until 8 p.m.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Vehicle weight restrictions set for 3 Kauai bridges
- What’s inside President Biden’s Oval Office?
- Student loan debt relief: Biden tells Education Department to pause payments until October
- Avril Haines confirmed as Director of National Intelligence by Senate