WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — Joe Biden’s campaign says the Democratic presidential nominee tested negative for coronavirus Sunday.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The results come five days after Biden spent more than 90 minutes on the debate stage with President Donald Trump. The president was diagnosed with COVID-19 days after the debate, and he remains hospitalized.
Biden told reporters Saturday in Wilmington that he was not tested that day but would be tested Sunday morning.
The former vice president had two negative tests on Friday, as well.
His campaign emphasized as late as Sunday that the former vice president has regularly followed public health guidelines on wearing masks and social distancing.
Biden is scheduled to travel Monday to Florida.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain possible through late Wednesday, drier and cooler weather for Thanksgiving weekend
- Some travelers frustrated with having to show negative COVID-19 test prior to departure
- Pedestrian dies in Nanakuli accident
- Mayor-elect sweats the small and big stuff on basic city services
- Businesses will have to pay three times more in unemployment tax in 2021