HILO, Hawaii (KHON2) — Avalon Health Care reported on Sept. 30 that one resident died at the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home. This brought the resident COVID-19 death toll to 27.
Forty-eight residents are currently at the veterans home and seven are receiving care in the home’s COVID area.
The managing company of the veterans home did, however, provide some good news.
Officials reported that a total of 38 residents and 33 employees recovered from the virus. The facility saw a total of 71 positive resident cases and 35 positive employee cases since the outbreak began at the facility.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- New storm looks approach west end by Monday evening
- Hawaii elections office begins processing ballots
- Mute button was a welcomed change in final presidential debate, political analyst says
- Local artists set off to beautify traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha
- 42-year-old man arrested in connection to Waikiki robbery case