HONOLULU (KHON2) — The state Department of Health reported 284 new COVID-19 cases on Aug. 22.
One person has died. Lt. Gov. Josh Green says the man was a 36-year-old frontline worker.
There are 259 on Oahu, 15 on the Big Island and 10 on Maui.
That brings the state total to 6,356.
40 new cases needed hospitalization. There were 35 new recoveries also reported, totaling 2,107 who have been released from isolation. There are currently 4,202 active cases in Hawaii.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 192 (15)
- Honolulu: 5,806 (259)
- Kauai: 56
- Maui: 279 (10)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 23
- Required Hospitalization: 377 (40)
- Deaths: 47 (1)
- Released from isolation: 2,107 (35)
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center monthly Kauai donation scheduled for February
- State lab detects COVID-19 variant
- Lt. Gov. Green discusses state’s COVID vaccine distribution and shortage
- Free virtual ‘Condorama VII’ webinar showcases experts in condominium law
- Coronavirus: DOH reports 123 new cases, brings state total to 25,275