HONOLULU (KHON2) — Kaiili Kaulukukui began work on Christmas Day prepping of what will be a massive mural right there on the road.
This is on Auahi Street in front of SALT at Our Kakaako.
The artist shared what his vision of it will look like.
“It’s going to be a mother creating a lei with her two keiki to show people that even if our family bubbles there are ways to be together,” said Kaiili Kaulukukui. “Work together to make things easier and basically bring each other forward.”
The mural is expected to be completed on Tuesday, Dec. 29 with a blessing and and dedication ceremony planned for Wednesday, Dec. 30.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain threat diminishing by early Wednesday
- Visitor to Diamond Head tragedy home says she tried to help, but laws prevented agencies from helping
- Families of fallen officers grieve one year anniversary of Diamond Head tragedy
- Hawaii nursing homes COVID-19 cases low compared to national numbers
- Some local retailers turn focus to online sales in 2021 as COVID-19 pandemic continues