HILO, Hawaii (KHON2) — As of Wednesday, September 23, the number of new active cases on Hawaii Island, reported and monitored by the Department of Health is 13.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
At this date, for Hawaii Island, 16 are hospitalized.
The Hilo Medical Center reports the addition of one death for a total of 28 for Hawaii Island.
The fatality is from the Yukio Okutsu Veterans Home, pushing total number of deaths at the facility to 26.
To support efforts at the Veterans Home, an eighteen person team from the Veterans Administration is at the facility to support operations.
Bi-weekly testing continues as officials work to contain the spread of the virus in the home.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Windy and wet weather conditions will continue over Oahu and Kauai
- Eric Church, Jazmine Sullivan to sing national anthem at Super Bowl LV
- Social Scene: N-V 350 Caravan Office Pod
- Newsfeed Now: Final preparations for Inauguration Day, Saints fans discuss possible Drew Brees retirement
- From Wilmington to Washington: Biden heads to DC after Delaware send-off