HILO, Hawaii (KHON2) — The outbreak at the Life Care Center in Hilo has grown by one after another an additional employee tested positive for COVID-19.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
As of Oct. 1, a total of 12 residents and six employees have tested positive. Three residents are currently receiving treatment at Hilo Medical Center, and at one resident has made a full recovery.
Staff and residents will be tested twice a week until further notice.
The facility also received seven additional iPads and will resume video chats for residents and their families soon.
- Attorney General: ‘This was a heinous act of sexual violence and our dept. will vigorously prosecute it’
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Looking for safe holiday fun? Check out the Christmas Bar and magic bubble elves this holiday season
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal
- Australian family returns home to find koala in their Christmas tree