HONOLULU (KHON2) — The annual Shinnyo Lantern Floating Hawaii ceremony will be cancelled for 2020 due to concerns about the worldwide outbreak of COVID-19.
The ceremony was planned for May 25 at Ala Moana Beach.
It was expected to have about 50,000 people.
The event honors fallen service members and loved ones who have passed.
Organizers plan to have the event next year.
- Human smuggling investigation underway after semitruck hits SUV carrying 25 people, killing 13
- NY governor apologizes after sexual harassment allegations; lawmakers push for investigation
- Lt. Gov. Green wants to eliminate inter-island quarantine
- ‘Bows Basketball hits the road to close out regular season schedule with Big West Tournament seeding on the line
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment