HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Kauai, Mayor Derek Kawakami and Airbnb reached an agreement Monday to help the county enforce short term rental laws.
Under the memorandum of understanding, hosts without a valid tax map key will be removed from the Airbnb platform upon notice from the county.
Kauai law allows short term rentals in designated visitor destination areas or areas designated for hotels.
This new agreement will make it easier for the county to enforce against rentals outside of those areas.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- ‘I guess it’s a new record’: Avalanche dents Stanley Cup minutes after winning
- Why Trump’s preferred candidates keep losing in Georgia
- Thomas opinion strikes fear in Democrats over how far court will go
- DeSantis builds national profile out of Trump’s view
- More than 1 million voters switch to Republican party in warning for Democrats