HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Kauai, Mayor Derek Kawakami and Airbnb reached an agreement Monday to help the county enforce short term rental laws.
Under the memorandum of understanding, hosts without a valid tax map key will be removed from the Airbnb platform upon notice from the county.
Kauai law allows short term rentals in designated visitor destination areas or areas designated for hotels.
This new agreement will make it easier for the county to enforce against rentals outside of those areas.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- Max Holloway to auction off fight kit following UFC 251 with all proceeds going to Hawaii Food Bank
- Voter registration deadline approaches for the 2020 Primary Election