HILO, Hawaii (KHON2) — One additional resident at the Life Care Center of Hilo tested positive for COVID-19 bringing the total number of resident cases to 54.
Life Care Center first reported a coronavirus cluster in its facility toward the end of September. Since then, 54 residents have tested positive as of Tuesday, Oct. 20.
Of those 54 residents, 38 cases remain active with one resident receiving proactive treatment at Hilo Medical Center, says the facility.
Five deaths have been reported.
The facility says it has been testing residents and staff twice a week to better track how fast the virus is spreading.
For more details, visit their website.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Employee at City Mill tests positive for COVID-19
- Everyone needs a little Coco in their lives
- Give to Struggling Families Through Keiki O Ka ‘Aina & KHON2 Laulima Giving Day & Telethon
- Kauai reports four new cases of coronavirus
- ‘Iao Valley State Monument reopens to the public with new hours and entry fees