LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — A program offering emergency rental, mortgage, and child care assistance, was implemented.
This is according to Women In Need, the Kupaa Kauai CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act program, and the County of Kaua‘i’s Housing Agency.
According to Kauai County Mayor Derek Kawakami, the program can provide services for up to 160 households for rent and mortgage assistance, “and 55 families for child care subsidy to Kauai residents who have suffered a loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.”
For more information and to apply for assistance, contact Women In Need at 245-1996 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Huge decrease in number of active COVID-19 cases due to improved data entry methods by DOH
- Mayors to decide whether to keep or lift inter-island quarantine, or require additional testing
- Incoming moisture in increase showers by Sunday evening
- Former ‘Bows great Phil Handy advances to 6th straight NBA Finals with Lakers
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG