HONOLULU (KHON2) – The Department of Health reported nine new cases of COVID-19 today for the state. Eight of the cases are on Oahu. The other case is a resident who was diagnosed outside of Hawaii. The state total is now 673.
Two new recoveries were also reported, totaling 616 who have been released from isolation.
There are currently 40 active cases in Hawaii.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 81
- Honolulu: 439 (8)
- Kauai: 21
- Maui: 120
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 12 (1)
- Required Hospitalization: 83
- Deaths: 17
- Released from isolation: 616 (2)
- A set of large swells to bring back large surf
- Pearl Harbor hosts ceremony to honor victims of deadly shooting
- COVID-19 Senate Committee urges Ige to adjust Safe Travels Program
- Member of Hawaii football team tests positive for COVID-19; game against SJSU will proceed as scheduled
- Thieves steal giant gummy bear statue from local business in Honolulu