As of March 26, HPD says that most of the individuals were cited in public parks after ignoring officers’ instructions to leave.
Two people on Oahu have been arrested.
This news comes shortly after the state’s first arrest was made for violating the emergency order on Hawaii Island.
Meanwhile, Kauai police have started conducting islandwide checkpoints to make sure people are in compliance.
The violation is a misdemeanor punishable by up to $5,000 fine and/or one-year imprisonment.
- Nearly all Neighbor Island schools to implement distance learning to start upcoming school year
- Inside look of screening process for incoming travelers at Hilo International Airport
- Pearl City’s Kai Kamaka III gets the call, will make UFC debut Saturday in Las Vegas
- KFD responds to multiple overnight house fires
- US lawmakers introduce bill to encourage preventive health care