As of March 26, HPD says that most of the individuals were cited in public parks after ignoring officers’ instructions to leave.
Two people on Oahu have been arrested.
This news comes shortly after the state’s first arrest was made for violating the emergency order on Hawaii Island.
Meanwhile, Kauai police have started conducting islandwide checkpoints to make sure people are in compliance.
The violation is a misdemeanor punishable by up to $5,000 fine and/or one-year imprisonment.
- Film, television crews restart productions in Hawaii
- Sunshine returns to the islands as heavy rains exit to the west
- COVID-19 data analyst projects spike from Halloween could come around Nov. 15
- Hardworking Hawaii: Pandemic hurts long-time business Waiola Shave Ice during key summer months
- Ala Moana Center transforms parking lot into a drive-in theater