As of March 26, HPD says that most of the individuals were cited in public parks after ignoring officers’ instructions to leave.
Two people on Oahu have been arrested.
This news comes shortly after the state’s first arrest was made for violating the emergency order on Hawaii Island.
Meanwhile, Kauai police have started conducting islandwide checkpoints to make sure people are in compliance.
The violation is a misdemeanor punishable by up to $5,000 fine and/or one-year imprisonment.
- Flash flood watch issued for Kauai and Oahu
- Police charge man suspected of stabbing woman and her child to death in Ewa Beach
- State DOE looking to modify high school graduation requirements
- City working to open a medical, quarantine center for homeless
- City’s parking exceptions now in effect