HONOLULU (KHON2) – The Department of Health reported six new cases of COVID-19 on June 27, 2020 for the state, 5 on Oahu and 1 from Kauai. The state total is now 872.
One new case required hospitalization. Nine new recoveries were also reported, totaling 714 who have been released from isolation. There are currently 140 active cases in Hawaii.
The one new case on Kauai is a part of the total of the county’s 14 active cases. Those active cases are in two households that are currently in isolation. Kauai County reports all close contacts of the positive cases are in quarantine.
The 18th COVID-19 death was reported on June 26 after the release of the noon numbers.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 86
- Honolulu: 613 (5)
- Kauai: 35 (1)
- Maui: 122
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 16
- Required Hospitalization: 110 (1)
- Deaths: 18
- Released from isolation: 714 (6)
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Frontline workers battle coronavirus in 2020, help daughter fight cancer in 2021
- No. 1 UH men’s volleyball prevails in five-set thriller over UC Irvine
- HFD extinguishes house fire in Mililani
- Alaska to offer coronavirus vaccines in airports
- Lydia Ko springs to the lead after round three of the LOTTE Championship