HONOLULU (KHON2) — Forty-two more inmates at Oahu Community Correctional Center and nine staff members have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to the Department of Public Safety on Aug. 15.
This brings the inmate case total at the facility to 166.
The Dept. of Public safety is working with the Department of Health to mass test all OCCC inmates in each of the 19 individual housing units. Officials say that 104 more inmate test results returned on Saturday and of those results, 42 were positive and 62 negative.
All of the remaining inmates will be tested in the upcoming days.
As for the facility’s staff members, 124 results were received as well. Nine were positive, 114 were negative, and 1 was inconclusive. There is a total of 28 employees at OCCC who are confirmed to have the virus.
Public Safety officials say that cleaning has increased for all housing. A deep cleaning vendor is scheduled to come in to perform professional sanitation services.
All transports to court from all Oahu facilities are suspended until Friday, August 21.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Honolulu Zoo prepares for HallowZoo SCARE-venger hunt
- Habilitat’s Haunted Drive Thru Returns After A Successful First Year
- Game Preview: ‘Bows are back on the road for pivotal conference clash against Utah State this weekend
- Hālau Hula Ka Noe’au back in the Prince Lot Hula Festival
- Climate Controlled Skin Care with Pour Moi