HONOLULU (KHON) — The Department of Health reported 4 new cases of COVID-19 today for the state: 3 from Hawaii County and 1 from Maui County. The total is now 647.
Of the 647 total positive tests, 51 are active cases. The DOH reported 47,383 test results have been received as of May 20th.
1 new case required hospitalization, and 1 additional patient was released from isolation. The number of recoveries is now 579.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 82 (3)
- Honolulu: 416
- Kauai: 21
- Maui: 118 (1)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 10
- Required Hospitalization: 83 (1)
- Deaths: 17
- Released from isolation: 579 (1)
For a detailed county-by-county breakdown, visit the DOH website here.
- Tropical moisture to drift over the islands, potential heavy showers
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Hawaii Nature Center celebrates 40th anniversary with keiki expedition
- UH women’s basketball handles CSUF to complete sweep
- Swimmer drowns in Lekeleke Bay on Hawaii Island