HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 36 new cases of COVID-19 on July 9 for the state: 34 from Honolulu County, 1 from Hawaii County and 1 from Kauai County. The cumulative state total is now 1130.
Of the 1130 total positive tests, 271 are active cases. The DOH reported 107,009 test results have been received as of July 9.
15 additional patients were released from isolation. The total number of recoveries is now 840.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 97 (1)
- Honolulu: 842 (34)
- Kauai: 43 (1)
- Maui: 130 (0)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 18
- Required Hospitalization: 123 (0)
- Deaths: 19
- Released from isolation: 840 (15)
For a detailed county-by-county breakdown, visit the DOH website here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers
- Isolate, test, self-trace ways to crush COVID beyond the mask, hand washing and distancing