HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Department of Health reported 25 new cases of COVID-19 on July 21 for the state: 21 from Honolulu County and 4 from Maui County. The cumulative state total is now 1,418.
[LISTEN to KHON 2GO for the latest news updates every morning at 7:30 a.m.]
1 new case required hospitalization. There were 27 new recoveries also reported, totaling 1,084 who have been released from isolation. There are currently 310 active cases in Hawaii.
The DOH reported 131,371 test results have been received as of July 21.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 114 (0)
- Honolulu: 1,100 (21)
- Kauai: 43
- Maui: 139 (4)
- Pending/Unknown: (0)
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 22
- Required Hospitalization: 151 (1)
- Deaths: 24
- Released from isolation: 1,084 (27)
For a detailed county-by-county breakdown, visit the DOH website here.
Latest on KHON2
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus
- Surfer dies after being unresponsive at Laniakea Beach
- Picture found in long lost book leads to nationwide search for family
- Coronavirus: 53 new COVID-19 cases; one new death reported on March 7
- Senate Democrats and Republicans still split day after COVID-19 Relief Deal vote