HONOLULU (KHON2) — The state Department of Health reported 24 new cases of COVID-19 on July 4, 2020 with 19 on Oahu, two on Big Island, two on Kauai, and one on Maui. The state total is now 999.
Two new recoveries were also reported, totaling 756 who have been released from isolation. There are currently 224 active cases in Hawaii.
No new cases needed hospitalization. Out of all the total cases, 118 required hospitalization.
The two cases on Kauai are one adult and one child. They are both Kauai residents. They are unrelated to each other. They have no known connection to the recent outbreak on Kauai. At least one case appears to be travel related. Both cases are in isolation and contact investigations are ongoing.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 93 (2)
- Honolulu: 720 (19)
- Kauai: 40 (2)
- Maui: 128 (1)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 18
- Required Hospitalization:118
- Deaths: 19
- Released from isolation: 756 (2)
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Breezy trades on tap for the islands this weekend
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers