HONOLULU (KHON2) — The state Department of Health reported 24 new cases of COVID-19 on July 4, 2020 with 19 on Oahu, two on Big Island, two on Kauai, and one on Maui. The state total is now 999.
Two new recoveries were also reported, totaling 756 who have been released from isolation. There are currently 224 active cases in Hawaii.
No new cases needed hospitalization. Out of all the total cases, 118 required hospitalization.
The two cases on Kauai are one adult and one child. They are both Kauai residents. They are unrelated to each other. They have no known connection to the recent outbreak on Kauai. At least one case appears to be travel related. Both cases are in isolation and contact investigations are ongoing.
Here is an in-depth breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 93 (2)
- Honolulu: 720 (19)
- Kauai: 40 (2)
- Maui: 128 (1)
- Pending/Unknown: 0
- HI Residents Diagnosed outside of HI: 18
- Required Hospitalization:118
- Deaths: 19
- Released from isolation: 756 (2)
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Buffalo Soldiers laid the foundation of what is now Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Following historic performance, Hawaii’s Max Holloway hopes to fight twice more in 2021
- Rep. Sharon Har apologizes to House Chamber days after arrest
- Rainbow Wahine basketball use bye week to reset ahead final four regular season games, starting with Long Beach State
- Tom Vilsack confirmed as agriculture secretary again